Cheryl R. Thompson heads Moss & Barnett’s technology services, which supports the firm’s professional and support staff in all areas of technology, including communications and mobile device management.
Under her management and leadership, the team of technology services professionals has configured, and continues to maintain, a dynamic network infrastructure serving all practice areas of the firm. Areas of her team’s focus include:
- Network infrastructure
- Desktop application and hardware support
- Internet access, employee intranet, and client extranet website
- Training and development
- Database management
- Printers and multi-function devices
- Telecommunications and conferencing
- Mobile device management
- Technical support
- Remote access
- Strategic planning
- Project management
As part of her continual assessing of the firm’s technology requirements, Cheryl designs and oversees implementation strategies that support the firm’s attorneys and staff in providing outstanding service to clients.
Born in Minot, North Dakota, and a graduate of Bismarck High School, Cheryl moved to Dallas, Texas, after college and began her career working in banking and commercial real estate. In 1986, she moved to Minneapolis and joined Moss & Barnett as a legal assistant, hoping to learn the behind-the-scenes legal process of commercial real estate transactions, while familiarizing herself with the Twin Cities real estate market.
In 1983, Cheryl purchased her first home PC, a Commodore 64, and immediately developed a fascination with technology and computers. Having worked on a Wang word processing system in Dallas, she was often called upon at Moss & Barnett to support the Wang system, as well as the variety of stand-alone word processing machines used by the assistants. She was offered the position of Wang System Administrator, quickly accepted, and has never looked back. In 2013, Cheryl celebrates her 27th year with Moss & Barnett.
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
- Minnesota Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALAMN)
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Participant in various local and national technology user groups
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, B.S.B.A.
- Bismarck Junior College, Bismarck, ND