Brittney Miller is an attorney in the Moss & Barnett family law department. She assists clients in all matters about their family, including support, parenting, third-party and grandparent visitation, division of assets, and a variety of other issues that confront modern families.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Brittney clerked for the Honorable Anne K. McKeig, Presiding Judge of Hennepin County Family Court. As a law clerk, Brittney gained insight into the court's perspective on family law litigation. In addition she gained a keen awareness of the difficult social and financial issues that family court litigants face.
Brittney contributed her time and expertise to improve the handling of domestic abuse cases in Hennepin County Family Court to help judges and family law professionals better understand the impact domestic violence has on family law matters. Brittney has extensive knowledge of the Minnesota Domestic Abuse Act and, during her time as a law clerk, worked on various legal and legislative projects related to domestic violence.
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Family Law Section – Publications Chair
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – Minnesota
Honors & Recognition
- Upper Midwest Human Rights Fellowship
- Northland Community Peacemaker Award
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., magna cum laude
- Drake University, Des Moines, IA, B.A., summa cum laude
- Family Court Enhancement Project, Collaborative Workgroup
- Fourth District Ethics Committee, Investigator
- Collaborative Community Law Initiative, Development Board Member
- Kayaking, reading, and traveling.