Alex Schoephoerster advises clients in the areas of corporate law, general business practices, and legacy planning. He also provides general counsel services to private and family owned companies, and he represents business clients in a wide variety of corporate and transactional matters including entity start-up and formation, financing, corporate governance and buy-sell agreements, strategic planning and development, real estate, selling the business and acquiring new businesses, and business succession planning. Alex also advises individuals and families on wealth preservation, family succession, and estate planning.
Prior to entering private practice, Alex worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Philip Bush of the Fourth District Court for the State of Minnesota. While at the University of Minnesota Law School, Alex was a Note and Articles Editor of the ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law and student attorney for the Bankruptcy Clinic.
- Business Law
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Finance
- Wealth Preservation and Estate Planning
- Banking and Commercial Transactions
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- Legal Research and Writing and Law in Practice honors, University of Minnesota Law School
- Minnesota North Star Attorney, 2016-present
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., cum laude
- Saint John's University, Collegeville, MN, B.A., magna cum laude
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota
- United Way – Volunteer
- Rotaract – Volunteer
- St. John's Alumni Network – Volunteer
- LegalCORPS – Volunteer
- Athlos Academy – Volunteer
Hiking, reading, strength and fitness training, travel, football, cooking, camping, and spending time with my wife and dog.